When you are living in Harris County and the City of Houston, you can get rental assistance from bakerripley organization. This is a program that both Harris County and the City of Houston are working to eliminate homelessness for those who are supposed to get eviction notices from landlords. The program is funded by local county and federal government bodies. Bakerripley organization and catholic charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston are tasked with this rental assistance program.
You may be worried to be homeless as you have lost your job, income from business due to pandemic and face the risk of being homeless after eviction. This may bring a disaster for you and your families as well without any affordable housing options. Luckily you may apply for bakerripley rental assistance program because these programs help families apply for rental assistance and utility assistance program as well. So, we are going to discuss on how you can go bakerripley rental assistance application and there are also some tips on successful application process.
- 1 Purposes Of Bakerripley Rental Assistance
- 2 Eligibility For Applying for Bakerripley Rental Assistance
- 3 Eligibility Requirements For Bakerripley Rental Assistance
- 4 Ways To Apply For Bakerripley Rental Assistance
- 5 Tips On Successful Application For Rental Assistance
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Final Verdict
Purposes Of Bakerripley Rental Assistance
Some people may face a tough reality after losing job, business shut down and losing income. In different time, we see different type of disaster and pandemic. This brings so bad reality for especially low-income families. So, families and individuals living in Houston-Harris County are also at risks of losing their homes after unemployment, business shutdown, and many other unforeseen expenses.
In the United States of America, Federal and State government always ensure so many steps to eliminate rental hardships for the low-income people. There are section 8 program, housing assistance program and many more. Part of this, Houston-Harris County emergency rental assistance program is one of the them. With the fund of $159 million, the lowest income bracket people, unemployed, people at risk of being homeless may qualify for this bakerripley rental assistance.
So it has been so urgent to manage rental assistance for those less fortunate people. Bakerripley rental assistance highly aims on preventing Homelessness and eviction. It is common to believe that if tenants don’t pay for house rent on time, an eviction notice will be served to the tenants. So Bakerripley understands the impact of eviction and its other related issues like late fees and legal action. So rental assistance will come in the way where landlords will be paid directly that will reduce wait-times for past due rents to be paid.
It is true that today’s income is not sure for tomorrow and any individuals may lose their job, business and be homeless due to any pandemic. When they lose their job and income, it directly impacts the house rent. When families have children, senior citizens and disabled, then Homelessness may be a big disaster. It may be so hard to live in open sky and in the night in unsecured place with such family.
Eligibility For Applying for Bakerripley Rental Assistance
Rental assistance comes from both bakerripley and Catholic charities. While selecting eligible people, the families and household have to suffer from housing crisis. The program highly aims to help those who are in bad condition without housing. Eligibility highly determines that they don’t have affordable housing options. Additionally, eligibility also indicates that not all people are going to apply for this rental assistance. So, there are some certain eligibility criteria for the people which described below.
- Families are supposed to be homeless very soon and they are also risk of losing their homes due to pandemic
- Have been unemployed and lost their income to pay for house rent
- Business shutdown due to pandemic impacts
- Have a very low income according to the guidelines
- Have been unemployed for at least 90 days
Eligibility Requirements For Bakerripley Rental Assistance
Rental assistance may be possible to get and this can be worth ensuring other spending for your basic needs. It is important to note that all people are not eligible for rental assistance under bakerripley. For this, you should follow eligibility requirements that will ensure your approval for rental assistance
So there are some certain eligibility requirements and applicant should study what to require first and then get started for application process. These eligibility requirements are below
- Proof of income for last 30 days
- Residency status for living in Harris and the city of Houston
- Proof of citizenship status
- Meeting Income requirement
Ways To Apply For Bakerripley Rental Assistance
Houston-Harris county emergency rental assistance is one of the program for bakerripley and Catholic charities and they both assess and follow eligibility criteria for families. As they have direct link to this community, so they manage and go with rental assistance program. This program is funded by both local counties and federal body to make sure the families don’t have to be homeless due to eviction. So you have got the issue and it is time to go to bakerripley for rental assistance application. Here are some steps to follow for bakerripley rental assistance application.
- Check your eligibility: the rental assistance program is for the families who are going to be homeless due to past due rents and supposed to get eviction notice from the landlords. Additionally, you should also know some requirement like citizenship or residency status and income requirement.
- Visit website of bakerripley: as you have found that you are eligible for this program, then you should get ready for application process and visit the bakerripley organization website. There you should create an account if you don’t have already made it. After creating account, you have to proceed with online application form.
- Fill up the application: there are so many fillable fields where you have to provide required information to make your application ready. There are different parts of application form and this includes rental property name, tenant applicant contacts information, status of housing situation, tenant rent information, tenant eligibility information and many more and lastly your e-sign. You should take time to provide information correctly and don’t have quick in this process. Your information should be correct and authentic.
- Check your information: it is important to note that you should check your information as correct and authentic. For this, you need to check over and over again. If any falsification of information willingly or not willingly may disqualify your application. In some cases, you may have to return the assistance amount or legal action may be taken against you for false information.
- Submit your information: if all information is correct according to your knowledge, the it is time to submit the application. But it is important to know that you can submit your application 30 days before your rent is due.
- Wait for response and approval: after submitting your application, bakerripley authority will check your application and process your application. If your assistance is available, they will respond you within 3 weeks after the payment date. Additionally, you can check your application status by logging in or you may get mail on your application as well.
So these are the application steps and you should be careful in every steps to make sure you are in the right way. If you have any confusion or doubt in applying, you may contact to (713)-667-9400.
Tips On Successful Application For Rental Assistance
Getting assistance first chance may be possible when application process is going to be accurate and correct. It is always seen that so many people don’t study the application guideline and make mistakes to provide information on the application form. Then they face difficulties in getting assistance and sometimes the application is rejected forever. It is important to make sure you are going to start application correctly and effectively. Here are some tips to follow for successful application for rental and other related assistance.
- It is important to study the program availability according to your location and study the process of application instructed by the organization.
- You must check your eligibility before application and also make sure what you require to provide as part of information
- When you explore the application form, you need to read through start to end and you may draft for practice.
- Then you should start to provide information to the fillable fields and you don’t make any mistakes like spelling, wrong information and information gap.
- After providing all information, you should check several times so that there is no error and it aligns with the application guideline.
- When it is required to provide e-sign, then you should provide digital sign or write digitally and follow the instruction.
- In case there is any problem to understand, you may contact to the authority and get explanation.
- After that, you should submit the application and complete your application process.
The application process is not hard to understand and you should have good internet access with device for online application. You should also make sure that you have uninterrupted internet line. Then you don’t provide any information that may be vague and false. Your information will be verified and you may return assistance amount or face legal action for falsifying any information.
Frequently Asked Questions
So, we have some informative answers to common questions of the people. Surely this is going to be another way to know more information rental assistance as well.
Who can apply for rental assistance?
If you want to get bakerripley rental assistance, you should live in Harris County or the City of Houston. Additionally, you should also check income guideline which comes as less than 50% of the AMI and you have been served with eviction citation with a court case number.
How can I Check the status of my application?
It is so easy to check your application status because it is online application with bakerripley organization. You should log in to your account and click on the check button for application status.
How much rental assistance Can I Receive?
Rental assistance amount highly will depend on eligibility and availability of the fund. So you may check this amount and you may get up to 18 months rental assistance.
Rental Assistance is important when people lose their income and don’t afford to pay house rent. If there is no roof over, it is sure to face more difficulties. So, there are so many organization in collaboration with federal government to make sure the less fortunate people don’t have to live under the sky. But the assistance highly depends on funding availability and location. Before you apply for rental assistance, you should check availability of funding and it works in your location.