Uplift means scaling up the bad situation to better. If it gets aligned with grant, then there is much expectation of betterment with such grant program. So Uplift grant comes in different form and purpose. Mostly such grant program funds the organization and projects or low-income families to make sure they can go betterment and progress. When there is any bad situation in community, organization and program come to address it. Uplift grant program highly focuses on community development to make sure people living in community can have a better and safe life.
There is some uplift grant program that works with non-profit and projects in the community to develop school, libraries, food banks, home improvement, weatherization assistance program, enhancing skills for professional development and many more. We have got such programs and discussed how they are important in the community. So, you may also apply for uplift grant if you want to do better the community as well.
Importance of Uplift Grants
Uplift grants are for community development to make sure people with hardships can have a better life. Uplift grants are provided by the organization to make sure people can utilize resources effectively. There are so many areas where improvement and development is needed.
- Community engagement: there are so many problems in community level and the uplift grants are important to foster a combined community where all people will live better. Uplift grants are helpful to see enriched community where all will have a same goal and prosperous life.
- Leadership: when it comes to work on behalf of the community, leadership skills is important. For developing leadership, it is important to have training and guidelines. Uplift grants may help to enhance skills on leadership.
- Professional development: ensuring a good paying job is not just for personal development but it also contributes to the community development. When income rises, then the people spend more that indicates economic activities. Uplift grants help develop people development through professional development. It is true that training is required for professional development and it may be costly for the job holders. If they can get financial assistance like uplift grants, they can have a good paying job by professional development.
- Helping assistance program: there are so many organizations like school, clinic, libraries, healthcare institute. If such organization get funding, they can provide service for the low-income people. Luckily uplift grants also work to help them expand their assistance program through service for the people.
- Food banks: in some cases, food banks want donations and grants to expand food distribution program. When they get donations and grants, they are most frequent to arrange food programs fie low income people and homeless people. So uplift grants also support such food banks to feed those people who urgently need food.
- Women’s empowerment: Women are also part of the community and they also want to add income in the family. If they can get grants, they can also start business and create for sources of income. So uplift grants also put Importance on empowering women to make sure they can also take part in economic activities.
Types of Uplift Grant Program
So there are some uplift grants program and these focus on different need in different situation. Additionally, such uplift grants may be different in enabling people solve their hardships and go for betterment. More importantly different uplift grants may require different eligibility criteria as well.
SE Uplift Grants
SE Uplift grants highly focus on stronger community with a shared vision of change. It is important to have connection with each one in the community for greater development and betterment. There are two SE Uplift grant programs that help the residents of the district. The residents of the district need to apply for grants for shaping and making the better place where they live. Under this grant, there are also training and technical support to scale up their ideas into completion. So, these two grants program
- Community Small Grants: this grant provides ranging from $300 to $4900 for the project to make sure it is possible to engage people with diversity and for broader community. This aims to bring a development in leadership, identity, skills and relationship. This grant also highly focuses on increasing the ability to decision making for community life.
- Idea Communications Grants: Under SE grant, this is Idea Communication Grants program that provides up to $1000. To qualify for this grant, it is important for the communication related projects that works on increasing inclusion, diversity, equity within the SE Uplift district area.
Uplift Continuing Education Grants
Uplift continuing education grants is one of the opportunities for individuals and it is offered by the Utah Public Library Institute of Training. There is training opportunities that include fundamental library instruction for non-MLS library staff, advanced training for all library community as well as library trustee.
With the help of specialized institutes, different mini workshops, conferences and teleconferences, educational opportunities become available. There are two type of grants which are named as organization resource grant and professional development grant. The continuing education grant may be available according to state funding, demand and assessed impact.
Uplift America Fund
It is true that all areas are not same and some are advanced especially cities and towns and some are economically distressed. Those areas need to be supported and empower people in the community. Part of this Uplift America Fund was one of the partnerships to provide grants in the low wealth wears.
It made low interest U.S. Department of Agriculture loans and private grant support to make sure community lenders can work with fund in economically distressed areas of Appalachia, the Texas-Mexico border, the Rural South and Native American reservation.
So the funds were highly useful and helpful to further development of projects which includes health clinics, schools, libraries, food banks, municipal building and child care centre.
Uplift grant for youth
It is also called as Roseville uplift grant for BIPOC Youth and it is for several Roseville area faith communities. This grant also aims to do good Roseville and eliminate inequities face by BIPOC students. So, the BIPOC students will get uplift grants for making difference in the community and creating something or having a specific need. This grant is so helpful for the students as well. Students K-12 who attend Roseville Area Schools or are living in Roseville can get such grants. So you may know more about this grant from Do Good Roseville site to know more details.
Uplift the community grant
Uplift the community grant is for developing the community and non-profit organization in Memphis areas can have a good idea on improving the community. Those programs that work to decrease blight, crime or other community centred projects can have a helping hand as uplift the community grant.
So, such programs and organization may seek application guideline from the NAACP Memphis branch, the New Tri-State Defender Newspaper and Kroger Delta Division. This grant is one of the key initiatives to uplift the community and this partnership is also appreciating for a cross section of businesses and community organization to work hand in hand.
Uplift grant for women
Women are also part of any development like social or financial development. It is not possible to keep a part of women for overall development. When women have crisis and need financial assistance, this uplift grant program helps women with children. You can easily get started for uplift grant for women and need to provide your safe phone number, email and picture ID to make sure you can complete the application successfully.
As you are women, so your information will be kept confidential. It is important to note that Uplift foundation Inc. also provides fund but it is not possible to get advice, goods and any referral service. So, you may visit upliftingwomen.org to get started with application.
Home Uplift grant
When you are living in the State of Tennessee, you are happy to know that there is grant option named as home uplift program. This grant program helps low income household in the southeast as they are living with high rate of poverty and in the houses, which are not efficient and comfortable. For this, weatherization assistance is getting available for the low-income households to make sure they can lower energy bills by improving indoor air quality, safety, comfort.
The office of energy program has leveraged TVAs home uplift program and has partnered with LPCs to make sure there is sustainable and quality program for increasing energy efficiency measures. So, you may check out such program if you are living in such areas.
Common Eligibility for Uplift Grants Program
Any grants including uplift grants may not come easily but the grant applicant has to know eligibility criteria, and meet other requirement for getting grant assistance. Uplift grants are available in different purposes in different location. For example, you have a project which needs to be funded and the physical presence of that projects is eligibility criteria. As said, that, uplift grants serve the community development with different purposes. If it comes about SE Uplift grants, there are some eligibility to be fulfilled.
- Grants may be available for the projects that provide service for residents in SE Uplift district area
- Grants are not available for personal but it is for non-profit organization and collaboration purposes within the community.
- applicant Should be from a) federally designated non-profit 503c3 organization that is tax exempt organization b) fiscally sponsored by 503c3 tax exempt organization b) need to apply fiscal sponsorship with SE Uplift if selected to receive grants
- Projects that received SE Uplift grants previously must show their project completion within due date and also need to submit paperwork on final reporting to qualify for the grants. Additionally, current SE Uplift Should contact SE Uplift before application and need to make sure they have made enough progress for project completion.
Application Process to Avail Uplift Grants
Every uplift grant program may be different and require different type of eligibility criteria. It is because an uplift grant may aim to specific need in the community and it highly focus on such need. For example, SE uplift grant may require you to provide the reporting and project progress to avail grant. This may be common eligibility before application. When it comes to home uplift grant, you may require to provide your income status because it highly works in weatherization assistance program to make sure they can reduce energy bills.
However, you may need to visit the website of the organization where you can land on the uplift grant program. You can know details of uplift grant program and these work in your community. After that, there will be apply or apply here tab where you may get started for grant application. It is sure that there will be fillable field to provide your information about your project and organization and direct you to proceed. Then you make a successful application for grant program.
Frequently Asked Questions
So we have listed some question and have answered to provide you more information in this topic. It is also going to be helpful to know about multiple purposes of getting uplift grant.
How many times Can I apply for the uplift grant?
Uplift grant may be applied one more time and it depends on your aim and project goal. There will be guideline from the grant provider about your progress of the project or you may require to provide final report to make sure you are in the line of completing your goal. Then you submit this information to the organization according to their requirement.
What is the objective of any grant?
People always want to upgrade from their present condition to better. It indicates that you must have a condition that does not meet standard. It may come in terms of leading your life, helping the community, assisting individuals to go professional development, enabling job and many more. So grant may work in making a difference in the community where everyone will have a better life. This grant also works to empower them to get back on track and it is a free money to build something that ensures no hardship and sorrows in the community.
With all good aim, there must be support and it gets much attention from all side. When somebody is going to make a difference in the community especially for community people, they don’t have to lag behind for funding crisis. So uplift grant program may be one of the great way to further your aim to go a better community. It is also just about study and research to know if this grant program is available in your location. If such grant program is available, you can also proceed with application and get to bring a change in the community as well.