A good night’s sleep for children is worth making creative, boosting immunity, improving behavior, and helping developmental functions. A good night’s sleep is possible when there is a good bed at home. Some low-income parents can’t afford to buy a bed for their children and can seek different bed assistance programs.
Luckily, Ashley Furniture has a program to make the dream of better sleep for children. We have researched and found that Ashely Furniture’s Hope to Dream program provides free beds as free furniture for children. Additionally, we have discussed so many issues on this topic and other ways to get free furniture like beds, and free mattresses near you.
- 1 Ashley Furniture Hope to Dream: Program for the Gift of Better Sleep
- 2 Ashley Furniture Free Bed Assistance Program for Low-income
- 3 Ashley Furniture Free Beds Eligibility
- 4 Other Churches and Charities that Provide Free Beds
- 5 How to Get Affordable Beds Near Me
- 6 How to Find Free Beds Near You
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Final Verdict
Ashley Furniture Hope to Dream: Program for the Gift of Better Sleep
Ashley Furniture is one of the popular furniture manufacturing companies in North America and around the world. It is one of the home furnishings industries in American furnishings manufacture and retailer.
Ashley Furniture is doing the great thing to ensure a better tomorrow for children. Ashley Furniture provides free beds, twin mattresses, bed frames, bedding, and pillows for the children for eligible parents.
Hope to Dream, Ashley’s Charity was initiated back in 2010 and it has been donating such beds and bed items for the children. When customers are purchasing mattresses from Ashley HomeStore, A portion of the proceeds of mattress sales is donated to Hope to Dream Charity and then it results in the gift of beds for children. This charity has gifted over 1,40,000 children in North America twin beds as a gift for a better night’s sleep for children.
Ashley Furniture Free Bed Assistance Program for Low-income
A better sleep needs better health, better food, and a better bed. when you don’t have a good place to sleep, you may face discomfort like difficulties and uneasiness. On the other hand, the day goes to hell when it is not possible to get a better sleep. When it comes to a child, better and sound sleep is mandatory not just for their health but for their education.
Families with low income are facing difficulties with low income and higher prices of beds. On Christmas, these families are desperately seeking to buy a nice bed or twin mattress, bed frame, bedding, and pillow for their children. These low-income families can reach to the Ashley Free Bed Assistance program to make sure they can give a gift of new bed to their children.
How they provide free beds for children: for free beds for children, one should first visit the website ahopetodream.com website and go to the nominate option after selecting your states. After that, you will be directed to the next steps to follow. Nominations are submitted online or at any participating Ashley retail stores. It is also important to know that nominations should be made with the help of social workers, case managers, a church leader, and another charitable organization. So, before nomination, you should check the availability here.
Ashley Furniture Free Beds Eligibility
Ashley Furniture is making a difference in the community by helping those who can’t afford it. As this program is designed to help the children sleep better, you should know some common eligibility criteria to get started, especially before application. So, these eligibility criteria are as follows
- The free beds are provided for underserved children aged between 3 to 16 years old, and they don’t have any bed
- Families having a very low income and they are living in poverty or they are Transitioning from Homelessness
- The program accepts nominations from school social workers, case managers, Churches as faith-based groups, and charitable organizations.
Before the application process, you should check it out to make sure it can match your reality. Then it will enable you to apply appropriately.
Application Process: When it comes to the application process, it is good to visit the local Ashely retail stores if they are participating. Then you should submit nominations for a free bed for your child. It is possible to submit nominations for one more child as well. In this case, you should visit the official page of the Hope to Dream website and need to know your required information. The information includes the name of the child, state, county, parent name, and phone number. Additionally, you may contact and mail [email protected] to know of any issues and queries.
Other Churches and Charities that Provide Free Beds
Here are some churches and charities that provide free beds for you. These can be another way to get free beds as well.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace : Sleep in Heavenly Peace is one of the groups of volunteers who are dedicated to building top-notch bunk beds for children. It is an American Non-profit organization that extends helping hands to the needs of the children. If you are in need of beds for your children, then you need to fill out the SHP online form by visiting their website. Additionally, you may also call 844-432-2337 for more clarification as well. It is important to note that your children should be ages 3 to 17 and living close to one to get help. Additionally, your home needs space to accommodate this bed as well.
- St. Vincent De Paul: St. Vincent De Paul is a charity that runs across the United States of America. This faith-based organization provides support and assistance for low-income families. When you need beds or mattresses, you may request to the local St. Vincent De Paul. This bed assistance is available based on location and there is Cincinnati St. Vincent De Paul that has the Bob and Sylvia Rahe Mattress Fund that provides beds and mattresses. Then you need to contact local St. Vincent De Paul to request for beds.
- Love Inc.: Love Inc. is a non-profit organization that works nationwide to make a difference in the community. This difference comes highly for changing the fate of low-income families. This organization accepts donated beds, mattresses, and bedroom steps to the neediest families. So, this is the place where one can request free beds for children or family members. It is important to explain how this bed is helping you live well and then go for free beds. For this, It is important to contact local Love Inc. to get more information about your needs.
- The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is one of the faith-based communities that works throughout the United States of America. This organization firmly believes in helping needy people to reach God. If you have a local Salvation Army Centre, you may explore a lot of assistance programs near you. In the same way, you may need beds, mattresses, and home furniture, you should explain your need and apply for free beds from the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army has a free furniture giveaway program in which you may check for your deals. Then you just don’t wait to reach the local Salvation Army to explain your need like beds.
- United Way: United Way is another non-profit organization but this organization is not going to give you any beds directly. On the other hand, you can get tons of resources on free bed programs near your location. You may either visit the United Way website or call 211 for resources and organizations that are providing free beds and mattresses near your location. This is just an information hub to let you know information that is helpful for every citizen in the United States of America.
- Cribs for Kids: Cribs for Kids is one of the international organizations that understand the need for sleep for babies. Those families who have low incomes and can’t afford to buy cribs and other sleep accessories can apply for free cribs for their babies. You have financial constraints and infant ages of 12 months old or younger and also need to complete safe sleep education. So don’t wait to visit your nearest cribs for kids’ partners as Cribettes are donated through cribs for kids’ partners.
- BEDS4KIDS: BEDS4KIDS is a privately-owned charity that offers free mattresses for all types of people from children to adults. To get started with this program, you need to visit their website and go with the application. You go forward with a photo ID and you can get mattresses on a first come first serve way. You may also get started with Facebook Page according to your location as well.
How to Get Affordable Beds Near Me
Even if free beds are going to be an excellent option to get beds with no money, this option may not work in different places and different reasons. In this case, one may have more options to get beds at lower prices. These are some tips to follow that may work in your location.
Go to a second-hand store
The second-hand store is located nearby, and you may search for second-hand stores near me online. Then you can get a lot of results with location. These may also be Thrift stores, consignment stores, and flea markets as well. After that, you may visit those second-hand stores and choose the beds that match your budget. There you may find mattresses, beds, bed frames, and many more items that are new, and slightly used at a very discounted price and affordable price.
Check online stores
Some online stores publish ads on social media and other newspapers to sell items like beds and mattresses at a lower cost. You may find such online stores and check some local newspapers. These are some sites that sell at affordable prices
Go to the hotel if they are getting rid of Furniture
Some hotels and motels often remodel and renovate their furnishings and remove new or slightly used furniture like beds, tables, and chairs. It may be a good way to trace that hotel and motel if they sell such beds. If you want to buy beds from them, then they sell these beds at a very low rate. So, you should keep finding such hotels and motels to get beds at a lower rate.
Online auction is often seen, and eBay and DealDash organize it. These are also going to be a chance to know online auctions where sellers come up with furniture and things to sell on auction. You should sign up for this deal and know about the seller’s information about different mattresses, beds, cribs, and many more. Also, it would be best to read buyer reviews and ratings for getting things such as furniture in the right places.
Look for friends and dear ones who are selling
We have so many friends and dear ones who want to sell furniture and beds to replace them with new ones. When you want to buy such beds at a lower price, you may explain it to any group and friends and families. If they are willing to sell such beds, then you can request to sell the beds to you. It is sure that those are not going to sell beds to you at a higher price.
How to Find Free Beds Near You
Free beds are available and one may need a simple research and study on how to find it. Here are some ways to find free beds near you.
- Search for free beds near me: Online is an information hub and it can give you any type of information that you need. When it comes to free beds, you simply search for free beds near me online. In this regard, you can get so many results and resources about free bed programs from different charities and non-profit organizations. After that, you may start with the organization that is located near you.
- Visit the organization physically: As you have searched and got so many resources online, then you may visit those platforms physically if it is located near you. There are staff there whom you can request to know about the program and process to get started. It is sure that they can provide you with guidelines on this issue.
- Call 211: It is an emergency number as a referral that can help you find many organizations and resources that deal with free beds near you. When you are going to call this number, you need to be prepared to explain your needs so that the phone call responder understands your issues and directs you to the right places.
- Ask friends and family: The need for anything should be open and Frank even though you are in crisis. When you are going to say that you need beds, then your friends and families may understand this need and they can provide you with a free bed. This comes as a reality when they are moving and getting rid of old or slightly used beds and want to donate to someone like you.
- Search on Freecycle: Freecycle is an online free market where you can join and request anything you need. Low-income people can get all types of free things free of cost because these things are recycled but if they are useable these things are donated to the less fortunate people. So, you start with this platform by visiting their website and asking for help with free beds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions that can provide more information about the free bed programs of Ashely Furniture.
What is the best time to buy furniture?
At different times, the furniture price comes down, and it may be easy to find such furniture. When you want to buy furniture at a low price, then you can wait for January and February in winter and August and September in summer. At this time, one can get discounts on furniture as well. Additionally, different furniture store provides discounts on different day and occasion and you can keep checking them as well.
What is the difference between Ashely Furniture and Ashely Furniture HomeStore?
Ashely Furniture is considered an American furniture store chain that sells Ashely furniture products. Ashely HomeStore is known in some countries to provide a wide range of indoor furniture, home decorations, and mattresses.
How do I know if my local Ashely Store is participating?
It is the best option to visit your local Ashely store and you may also visit to get a list of participating Ashley retail stores here.
How can I know if my child is selected for a bed?
It is important to know that you are expecting a free bed for your child. But all nominations are going through a review process. The availability and distribution of beds highly vary according to participating locations. When you are selected, you will be notified over the phone or through email.
A bed for your child is an urgent need and it makes you happy to see your child’s happiness. Ashely Furniture is the best platform for free beds for your child, but you should study and research according to your location. Additionally, it is important to contact your local Ashely furniture store to get more details about this program. then you should go and start the application in the right way and get a bed from Ashely Furniture.