Q Link Wireless was founded in 2011 with the explicit purpose of providing free or low-cost wireless services and devices. As a general rule, those who qualify for Q Link Wireless Lifeline program tend to also receive ACP benefits, as their minimum requirements are mostly the same.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) was launched much more recently and offers discounted data plans alongside a “free” tablet. If you are looking for Q Link Wireless free tablet with phone you have to enroll Lifeline & ACP Combo plan. So here we will guide you to process your application under Lifeline & ACP combo plan for Q Link Wireless free tablet and phone.
Way to Get Q Link Wireless Free Phone and Tablet
To obtain your free phone and tablet from Q Link Wireless, you must pass an eligibility lifeline & ACP combo plan. So you must prove fulfill the minimum requirements to get free tablet and phone from combo plan.
Step 1: Qualify for Q Link Wireless Free Tablet and Phone Under Government Program
To qualify for your Q Link free tablet and phone, you must either:
- Earn 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines (equivalent to $19,683 or below).
- Be enrolled in one or more assistance programs
If you opt for the “program-based eligibility” route, these are assistance programs that qualify you:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance)
- Veterans & Survivors Pension Benefit
- TANF (Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- FDPIR (Food Distribution Program or Indian Reservations)
You may be deemed eligible for Lifeline/ACP if one of your dependents meets these prerequisites. Furthermore, If you or your dependent are already a Lifeline beneficiary, you could ask Q Link Wireless to be included as an ACP grantee as well in order to get your subsidized tablet.
Step 2: Prepare Necessary Documents to Apply For Q Link Wireless Free Tablet and Phone
The documents you need to submit will hinge on which route you pursue (income- or program-based). However, these would be the documents you ought to present regardless of your decision:
- Proof of ID and Age: As a rule of thumb, you should provide your SSN4 (Social Security Number and Card) or Tribal ID. Other documents you can upload or send include your driver’s license, permanent resident card (Green Card), or birth certificate.
- Proof of Address: If you already handed in your driver’s license, that should suffice. In the absence of a driver’s license, you may use a mortgage or utility bill. If you reside in Tribal lands, you would need to hand over a map with the latitude and longitude coordinates corresponding to your residential address.
Apart from the above, you must attach either one of these:
- Proof of Income: You’d have to show your tax returns or three consecutive paycheck stubs. Alternatively, you could avail yourself of a bank statement, child support award, or social security statement of benefits.
- Proof of Program Participation: You should provide a notice letter or certificate identifying you as a beneficiary of at least one of the programs. The document must have been issued within the last 12 months in most cases.
Step 3: Apply to Get Q Link Wireless Free Tablet and Phone
You essentially have three alternatives for applying. We’ll start with the most straightforward approach, which is through the Q Link Wireless website:
- Through the Q Link Wireless website : Go over to Q Link Wireless website “qlinkwireless.com/signup/m-06-22“, enter your Zip code and email address, and click “Get It Now.” Then, you’ll be prompted to a form wherein you have to fill out your personal details and other information that pertains to your eligibility.
- Through Lifeline/ACP : You can also apply from the programs’ websites, but this means you’ll then have to inform Q Link once approved, adding an extra step. We’d only recommend this route if you are choosing a provider that doesn’t offer eligibility checks or you’re still unsure which provider to choose.
- Through P.O. Box : If you feel more comfortable using ordinary mail, you can send copies of your original documents along with the printed filled-out form to P.O. Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773. This is the P.O. Box address for both ACP and LIfeline, so you won’t need to lodge two different applications.
The activation process is roughly the same regardless of whether we speak of a tablet or a phone.
The first thing you’d want to do is insert your SIM card in its corresponding slot. Once you do that, turn on the Q Link Wireless free tablet and phone (by pressing and holding the power button), and you’ll be taken to the Configuration Wizard, which will walk you through the basic settings such as language, Wi-Fi, account synchronization, apps, and firmware updates (whenever available).
After that’s done, you’ll have leeway to explore your Q Link Wireless free tablet and phone functions. If mobile data is not on by default, you can toggle that in the quick settings panel located on top of your notifications.
To access the quick panel settings, swipe your finger across the screen from the status bar. The mobile data button is represented ordinarily by two arrows facing opposite directions.
Types of Free Tablet and Phone Does Q Link Wireless Offer
Q Link Wireless offers its proprietary Q Link devices along with its free plan and SIM card.
- The phone (HPL55B) comes with an aptly-sized 5.5-inch display, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, a 2,200 mAh battery, and Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box.
- For its part, the tablet (Q Link Tablet 8) is equipped with an 8-inch screen, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB Internal Storage, a 3,500 mAh battery, and Android 11 (Go Edition).
Benefits of Getting Q Link Wireless Free Tablet and Phone
Along with your free tablet and phone from Q Link Wireless, you also get a plethora of incredible benefits guaranteed to cut considerable monthly costs while enabling access to a wide array of quality-of-life services and features.
In a nutshell, you should expect the following:
- A totally free monthly plan with unlimited 4G/5G data, nationwide calls, and text messaging. Not every provider offers unlimited data as Q Link does, so this is a huge plus!
- Up to around $179 savings on your tablet + mobile phone bundle
- Two months of Amazon Prime, courtesy of Q Link.
- A couple of portable gadgets through which you’ll be able to navigate the web, check your bank accounts, use productivity tools, look for jobs, read emails, chat, listen to music, watch videos, and much more!
How long does it take to receive the free tablet and phone from Q Link Wireless after apply ?
According to the Q Link Wireless website, the estimated shipping time should be from two to three days. The lifeline/ACP application review takes arguably longer. You can expect to wait from a few days to even weeks depending on whether additional information is required.
Can I keep my own number after getting Q Link Wireless free tablet and phone
You can transfer your already-existing number to Q Link Wireless on the condition that you pay any remaining balances you may have with your former carrier.
Can I upgrade my Q Link Wireless phone or tablet?
You could upgrade your devices, though at a sum. Q Link normally offers a discount on phone and tablet upgrades.
Does Q Link Wireless charge any activation?
Q Link won’t charge any activation fees upon receiving your phone or tablet. You’d only need to insert your Q Link SIM card and follow the instructions given by the Configuration Wizard.