Samsung tablets are not only quality but also effective and competent. Manufactured by the best electronic brand, Samsung, these tablets are categorized as top-tier devices that are designed with incredible screen quality, lasting batteries, efficient storage among other features. As a result, they are quite expensive, a factor that makes them arduous to obtain. Consequently, low income consumers are always on the left-out as far as acquiring Samsung tablets are concerned. To break this digital divide, the government initiated the affordable connectivity program, a platform that offers low-cost internet services and devices to the poor or less privileged.
This brings us to the conclusion that you can get Samsung tablet from the government through ACP. One crucial fact is that these tablets are not given for free. However, you can get one from as low as $10.01. This makes it so easy for low income consumers to afford these devices and enjoy the convenience of virtual school work, online businesses, healthcare and so forth. However, to get this tablet, there’re strict guidelines and criteria to meet. Precisely, you must be a financially strained consumer with proof of eligibility. Do you need a free government Samsung tablet from ACP and are not aware of how to go about it? Fret not. This is because we have written this comprehensive article to guide you on how to get started. For more insight, read through to the end!
- 1 Way to Get a free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
- 2 Can Anyone Get a Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
- 3 Documents Need to Get a Free Samsung Tablet ACP
- 4 Applying Guideline for Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
- 5 ACP Service Providers that Offer Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
- 6 Models of Free Samsung Tablet ACP
- 7 Other Benefits You Get with Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
- 8 Free Samsung Tablet ACP Limitations
- 9 Other Ways of Getting a Free Samsung Tablet ACP
- 10 Why was I Rejected from Getting a Free Samsung Tablet ACP?
- 11 FAQs
Way to Get a free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
You already know that the government offers free Samsung tablets through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This program was transitioned from the former Emergency Broadband Benefit program, to offer discounts on broadband devices and services. From this program, you will not only get a low cost tablet but also laptops, computers or free phones. To help low income consumers access digital technology, this program works hand-in-hand with a number of wireless providers to offer help to all qualified applicants.
It is through these providers that qualified consumers are given free Samsung tablet ACP. All you need to do is meet the program’s eligibility criteria and you will be good to go. Please note that before acquiring a free device from this program, you’ll need to fill and application form and get approved by the national verifier. After approval, you should now contact your ACP provider and get a free device for easier learning, connection, working online or accessing healthcare.
The program operates by giving a one-time discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet, laptop, or computer. After applying this discount on some selected tablets, you will be required to make a payment of $10.01 only. Besides, it offers a monthly discount of up to $30 and up to $75 on tribal lands towards paying your monthly internet bills.
Can Anyone Get a Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
Not really. To get a free device, you must qualify for the affordable connectivity program. Below are ways through which a household is considered eligible for free Samsung tablet ACP:
Based on your income
You are eligible if your total income is at or less than 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Please note that these guidelines vary based on your state and household size. Check out the table below, with a reflection of 2024 income limit, based on your state and income size.
|48 contiguous states, D.C, and territories
|$10,280 for every additional family member
|$12,860 for every additional family member
|$11,820 for every additional family member.
Based on program
You are also considered eligible if you participate in selected government aid programs. These are both federal and tribal assistance programs. Below are examples of these programs:
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and Children
- Supplemental security income
- Federal public housing assistance program
- Veteran’s pension and survivor’s benefit
- Free and reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program
- Recipients of a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Head start
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families
- Food distribution program of Indian reservations.
Documents Need to Get a Free Samsung Tablet ACP
You already know that to receive a free tablet, you must enroll in the affordable connectivity program. When applying for this program, you are required to attach documents with proof of your identity, address and eligibility. Below are the documents needed to get this tablet:
Program qualifying documents
These are documents that hold proof of your government aid participation. Generally, these documents should hold your official name or that of your dependent, name of your program, and the government or tribal entity that issued the documents. Some of these documents are:
- Your program’s benefit award letter
- Your program’s approval letter
- Your program’s statement of benefits
- Your program’s benefit verification letter
- School documentation.
These documents prove that your annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Note that your document must hold your annual income and your official name. Examples of these documents are:
- Paycheck stub
- Prior year’s federal, state or tribal tax return
- Social security statement of Benefits
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- Retirement statement of benefits
- Divorce decree or child support award.
These documents must have your first name, last name and date of birth. Examples of these documents are:
- Your birth certificate
- US driver’s license
- Valid tribal, state, military or government ID
- Certificate of US citizenship
- Green card
These documents must have your first, last name plus your physical address. Examples of these documents are:
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return.
Applying Guideline for Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
The process of applying for free Samsung tablet ACP is very easy and concise. All you need to do is visit ACP official website and fill your application form. Besides, you can apply and submit your form via mail or apply directly through your service provider. Below is a complete guide on how to apply:
- To apply online, open your browser and visit the national verifier online application page: “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline?awsl=button-from-how-to-apply&id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”.
- Before you start your application, please note that any personal information that you provide will be used to determine whether you qualify for this benefit.
- Start your application by providing your home address information. Please note that your address cannot be a P.O Box. In this section, you should provide your street number, your city, state or ZIP code.
- Next, provide you contact information. This is where you will be receiving any important reminder regarding your application. This is your email address and phone number.
- Tap ‘next’ and provide the last four digits of your social security number.
- Click next’ and follow prompt to complete your application
- Click the submit button and wait for approval.
This application method requires you to download a paper application form “affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions”, print it and fill out manually. To avoid approval delays, attach copies of your application documents to your initial application form. It’s also advisable to include cover sheet in your application for easy verification. After completing your application, submit the form to:
ACP Support Center
P.O Box 9100
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Through your internet company
This method entails applying for a free tablet directly through your service provider. There are several providers through which you can apply for a free Samsung tablet. However, different providers have varying benefits in different states. Therefore, make sure your state is eligible for a free table before initiating your application process. Once you confirm eligibility, visit your provider’s official website and enroll to their program. You can also contact your provider’s customer care team and get insight on how to get your free Samsung tablet ACP.
ACP Service Providers that Offer Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
We have mentioned above that ACP providers don’t offer free tablets but offer discounts for purchasing them. Below are providers through which you can get a discounted Samsung tablet:
This is one of the most trusted national lifeline and ACP service providers that offers low-cost broadband services across several states in America. Through the company’s ACP, qualified households are given discounted tablets from as low as $10.01. These are tablets like Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018 and Samsung Galaxy Tab E. To get these tablets, visit “cintexwireless.com/tablet” and select the “apply” option.
This is also a trusted lifeline and ACP service provider that offers several benefits, including low-cost tablets. Once you qualify for the program, you will get amazing models of Samsung tablets at a minimum cost of $10.01. From Air talk wireless, you will get free tablets like Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020 for only $10.01. To apply, visit this page “airtalkwireless.com/phone/detail/331” and tap the “apply” button.
Please note that there’re other providers that offer free ACP tablets but haven’t indicated free tablet models available in their website. This is because they randomly offer any tablet to eligible consumers, subject to availability. Therefore, you might also be lucky to get a free Samsung tablet from these carriers. Examples of these carriers are:
- Standup wireless
- Easy wireless
- Qlink wireless
- TruConnect wireless
- Excess telecom
- Sano Connect
Models of Free Samsung Tablet ACP
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020
Other Benefits You Get with Free Samsung Tablet Under ACP
Are you approved for ACP? You will definitely enjoy other benefits besides low-cost tablets. However, it’s important to mention that these benefits depend with your state and service provider. Here are other additional benefits to get with free Samsung tablet ACP:
- You will get free unlimited calls and text services every month depending with your service provider
- You will get free monthly data to use with your tablet
- With your free tablet, you will access virtual business or job opportunities
- With your free tablet, you will easily study or work online.
Free Samsung Tablet ACP Limitations
Before applying for a free ACP tablet, be informed that there are a number of limitations. For instance:
- Free ACP Samsung tablets are limited to low income consumers or members of government assistance programs only
- These tablets are limited to one member per household
- These tablets have a one-time purchase discount
- These tablets are non-transferrable among members.
Other Ways of Getting a Free Samsung Tablet ACP
As we have stated above, there are strict guidelines to follow before receiving a free Samsung tablet ACP. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in your free tablet application will be rejected by the Lifeline national verifier. Was your application rejected? Worry not because there’re other alternative ways to get a free tablet. For instance:
- You can get a free device from various organizations and charity programs. Most of these organizations are committed to ensuring the poor can afford basic needs alongside other essential items. If you are a low-income consumer therefore, you can get a free tablet from these platforms. Some of these organizations are: the Salvation Army, everyoneon.og, On It Foundation, Smartriverside and world computer exchange program.
- Basically, churches are vital tools for offering charity services to needy families in the society. Therefore, you can ask for help on getting a free tablet from your local church.
- You can also visit your local library and try your luck
- You can participate on online giveaways, and you might get lucky in getting a free Samsung tablet.
Why was I Rejected from Getting a Free Samsung Tablet ACP?
If your free tablet ACP application was rejected, there are several reasons that might have triggered this ordeal. Below are possible reasons why your application was rejected:
- You did not meet ACP eligibility criteria mentioned above
- You did not attach copies of your eligibility or identity proof documents
- You submitted invalid, incorrect or blurred application documents
- The details on your application form did not match with the details on your identity documents
- There is another member of your family with a free government device
- You have already received ACP device discounts before. The discount is a one-time offer.
How do I find free Samsung tablet ACP offer near me?
To find a free Samsung tablet ACP offer near you, use ACP online Tool: “affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me”. After opening the link, enter your ZIP code and identify an eligible ACP service provider near you.
What areas are likely to get free Samsung tablet ACP?
There’re several states that benefit from the ACP program. Examples of these states are: Arizona, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, Hawaii, Maryland, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Nevada, Puerto Rico, Louisiana, Kentucky, Indiana, Rhode Island, Utah, South Carolina, Washington, Wisconsin, Vermont, Tennessee, Virgin Islands, New York, Nebraska, New Mexico, New Jersey, New Hampshire, and West Virginia.
Does free Samsung tablet ACP come with warranty?
Yes, most free Samsung Galaxy tablets have a warranty from the manufacturer. This warranty depends with your model and year of manufacture. More often, these devices come with a 2 years warranty.
Can I choose my model free Samsung tablet ACP?
Not really. Applicants are not given the privilege to choose their preferred free tablet model. Instead, these tablets are offered to you randomly, based on your state, eligibility criteria and availability.
Can other members of my household get a free Samsung tablet ACP?
No, it’s not possible. This is because all ACP benefits, including free Samsung tablets, are limited to one member per household.