Whether you want to learn online or want to keep in touch with your loved ones, there is a need for you to invest in a tablet. Since most tablets come at a cost, low income Americans find it difficult to purchase these devices upfront. Thankfully, such individuals can now apply for a free government tablet and be able to save more bucks. To obtain this tablet, you need to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The good news is that there are many carriers that participate in this program in the United States. In this article, we shall discuss how you can apply for a free government tablet, alongside any other related idea.
- 1 Free Government Application Process
- 2 Requirements Meet Before Starting Free Government Tablet Application
- 3 Documents Needed For Free Government Tablet Application
- 4 After Applying For A Free Government Tablet, Should I Contact To Get My Free Government Tablet
- 5 Types of Free Government Tablet You May Get After Application Approval
- 6 Reasons for Rejected Free Government Tablet Application
- 7 How Do I Check My Fee Government Tablet Application Status
Free Government Application Process
By now, you are aware that you can get a free tablet via Affordable Connectivity Program. When it comes to the application process, you are at liberty to either apply online, via mail or through your preferred service provider. In the subsequent sections, we shall discuss these methods in detail so that you can know how to get started:
- Get your computer ready and launch your web browser
- Visit “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline?awsl=link-from-how-to-apply&id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”.
- Once you click that site, ensure that you have your personal details ready. Remember that you need to submit vital details such as the last 4 digits of your SSN, your Tribal ID number, among other finer details. Also, you must have a valid email address so that the National Verifier can contact you. With these details at hand, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will find the actual online application page.
- Key in your details as required by the National Verifier and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Upload copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then attach them to the application form.
- Check if everything is okay and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Apply via mail
Unlike the online method, this one needs you to fill in a physical ACP application form. In this case, you need to visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf” and then download the English version of the application form.
Thereafter, visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf” so that you can print out a Household Worksheet. Although this step is not mandatory, there is a need for you to have this worksheet during the application process.
With these forms at hand, you can now go ahead fill them with your details. Once you are done, attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then mail the package to the ACP Support Center, via this address; PO Box Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Apply through service provider
As we speak, there is an array of carriers that participate in the ACP program. In this case, you can consider applying for a free government tablet via your desired carrier and be all set. As far as your preferred carrier operates in your state, trust that you will have an easy time obtaining a free tablet. All you need to do is to choose your desired ACP carrier and then visit its official website.
Thereafter, key in your ZIP code and then click on the ‘Get Ready’ or ‘Apply Now’ button. Once you click on either of these buttons, you will be redirected to the application page where you will be required to key in your personal details.
Enter these details as required by your carrier and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents. Countercheck and establish that everything is right and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Once you submit your application, your ACP carrier’s team will review it and respond to you within a few days. Supposing you are eligible to get a free government tablet, trust that you will get this model within 7 to 10 business days. Thereafter, you will start enjoying other ACP benefits from the beginning of the next month’s billing cycle.
Requirements Meet Before Starting Free Government Tablet Application
Before you kick start your free government tablet application, there is a number of requirements that you should meet. First, you ought to ensure that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Since different countries have different FPGs, ensure that you check what you state’s FPG outline and then determine if you meet the much-needed threshold or not.
Besides the low income criteria mentioned above, note that you can now qualify for a free government tablet if you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program. Some of the programs that can make you eligible for a free government tablet include:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(Tribal TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- You are a beneficiary of the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision Schools.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- You are a beneficiary of the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Besides the above-mentioned eligibility requirements, you should ensure that you are 18 years and live in the United States. Additionally, you can now qualify to apply for a free government tablet if you are an emancipated minor. However, you must submit an official document that shows that you truly suffer from that medical condition.
Documents Needed For Free Government Tablet Application
Whether you want to apply for a free government tablet via the online method or through your preferred ACP provider, there is a need for you to submit certain documents so that your identity and eligibility status can be proved. When it comes to these documents, consider gathering copies of both your personal and eligibility documents so that you can get started.
As far as the personal documents are concerned, your documents of choice should contain vital details such as your name in full, your date of birth, where you live, and so on. Some of the personal documents that you should submit here include:
- Utility bill
- U.S. driver’s license
- Green card or permanent resident card
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Tax or W-2 return document(Recent copies)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Birth certificate
- A valid government-issued, state, military or Tribal ID.
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
When it comes to eligibility documents, consider submitting a copy that shows that you either earn a low income or are a participant of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, SSI, Section 8 or Tribal Head Start. To prove that your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, ensure that you submit the following documents:
- Child support award
- Pension or Retirement statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stub
- Prior year’s state, tribal or federal tax return
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
To prove that you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program, ensure that you submit any of the following documents:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
More importantly, ensure that the document that you choose to prove that you participate in a government assistance program contains these details:
- Your first and last name
- The official name of the government assistance program
- The name of the establishment that gave you that document
- The date that you were issued with that document(Ideally, it should be within the last 12 months)
When it comes to emancipated minors, such individuals should consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of a court document
- A copy of a certificate of emancipation
After Applying For A Free Government Tablet, Should I Contact To Get My Free Government Tablet
Not really. However, if you experience delays in the delivery of your preferred tablet, you are at liberty to contact your ACP carrier’s customer support team. Better still, you can contact them if you experience issues with your tablet after receiving it. Either way, you will be able to get the much-needed help and guidance and thus enjoy more convenience.
Types of Free Government Tablet You May Get After Application Approval
Well, if you qualify for a free government tablet, trust that you will get a decent model to meet your needs. However, the model that you will receive may not be new per se. Instead, it might be a used model but has advanced features just like a new model. Thankfully, most ACP service providers offer models from reputable brands such as Acer, Microsoft, Google, Lenovo, Samsung, LG, among others. Some of the best models that you can get via ACP include:
- Sunshine T1
- Lenovo Tab 5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Google Chromebook
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Vortex tablet
- Apple iPad Pro 2021
- 2020 Apple iPad
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2
- Fire HD 10 tablet(It comes with an Amazon standing case)
- LG G Pad 5
Reasons for Rejected Free Government Tablet Application
Your free government tablet application might have been rejected due to the following reasons:
- You entered the wrong details during the application process
- You are not a resident of the United States.
- You do not live in a state where your preferred ACP carrier offers this program
- Your income is above 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- You are not a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Tribal TANF, Tribal Head Start, WIC, Medicaid, SSI, SNAP or Section 8.
- You uploaded blur copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process
- Failure to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to your application form.
- There is another person who enjoys ACP facility within your household
- You are a beneficiary of another carrier’s ACP facility.
How Do I Check My Fee Government Tablet Application Status
Well, you can contact the ACP support center by dialing (877) 384-2575 and make enquiries about your free government tablet application status. Better still, you can reach out to your preferred ACP carrier’s customer support team and ask them whether your application was approved or not. Finally, depending on the carrier you choose, trust that you can check your application status online and be good to go.