Now energy saving program is one of the most important for citizens and the government. For this, Edison free refrigerator program is going to be a program that provides you with free refrigerator based on eligibility criteria. This is an energy-saving program through which eligible families may get assistance on replacing or installing refrigerators and other home appliances. Higher bill on utility is not just a big expense of low-income families for using appliances consuming much energy, but it also puts pressure on the grid.
There is weatherization assistance program like free government window replacement, energy saving assistance program, and many more. These programs help low income families install or replace energy efficient appliances or making home energy efficient. However, you are living in the Southern California, you may be happy to learn that you are going to get energy efficient appliances like free refrigerator and other services according to contractors’ evaluation. So, we are going to discuss so many issues on Edison free refrigerators and ways to get an Edison-free refrigerator.
- 1 About Southern California Edison
- 2 Edison Free Refrigerator Program with Energy Saving Assistance Program
- 3 Appliances and Services Available with ESA Program
- 4 Eligibility for Edison free Refrigerator Program
- 5 Application Process to Get Edison Free Refrigerator Program
- 6 Steps After Being Eligible After Application
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Final Verdict
About Southern California Edison
Southern California Edison is the largest subsidiary of Edison International, the primary electric utility company. It works mostly in Southern California and provides electricity services in the territory of southern California for 15 million people. Southern California Edison is highly known as SCE that also provides electricity and rebates and incentives for lighting and food technology, air conditioning and weatherization services.
There is different type of assistance program as Energy saving assistance, bill assistance program, energy assistance fund and many more. Now that energy saving program is highly recognized as one of the great steps to save energy and limit dependency on grid. When families use appliances that consume higher energy, it is not just for counting money for utility bills for families but it also creates pressure on grid. It is also true that limiting dependency on grid means eliminating use of fossil fuels, oil and coal to generate electricity. It has greater impact on greener earth by going with energy saving ways.
Luckily SCE is also focusing to ensure a greener and better tomorrow for the next generation to make grid reliable and clean power for southern California. This company provides assistance for low income families for getting appliances and services like free refrigerator, air conditioning, free cooling replacement and many more. This free refrigerator comes with energy saving assistance program for eligible families.
Edison Free Refrigerator Program with Energy Saving Assistance Program
The utility bills go beyond your income and it is important to save money by saving energy. When you make your house energy efficient, it is not just good for you but the government also welcomes because of limiting dependency on power grid. For this, it is time to install energy star appliances at your house to support the government to be reliable on grid.
Energy saving steps is one of the great programs in this time and the government of the United States of America takes different steps to save energy by helping low income families. Part of this Weatherization Assistance program of the Department of Energy is working to save energy and provides required support for the families.
Energy saving program may come in different form in different states of the United States of America. When it comes to Edison energy assistance program, you living in southern California may be happy to learn that you are going to free refrigerator with this program. This energy assistance program helps income qualified families and government assistance receiving individuals may be eligible for free refrigerator. This energy assistance program ensures energy efficient appliances with no cost or at minimum costs.
Appliances and Services Available with ESA Program
There are different types of appliances and services with ESA program and you may have more options instead of refrigerator. In this case, you need to be eligible with qualified SCE customer. These include basic offerings and basic plus offerings. It is also important to note that SCE approved contractor may determine what type of services and appliances your house is going to qualify.
- Basic offerings:
- Smart power strip
- Refrigerator replacement
- Smart thermostat installation
- Thermostat shower valve/showerhead installation
- Cloth washer replacement
- Dish washer replacement
- Freezer replacement
- Heat pump water heater replacement
- Pool pump replacement
- Cooling – evaporative cooler installation and evaporative cooler maintenance
- Weatherization services
- Basic plus offerings
- All basic offerings
- Cooling-window or wall AC replacement, central AC or central heat pump replacement, portable AC installation
- HVAC filter.
Eligibility for Edison free Refrigerator Program
So, there are some certain eligibility criteria to get free refrigerator from Edison free refrigerator program. It means that you need to understand some requirements to get started with application process to qualify for free refrigerator. So, we are going to discuss these eligibility criteria.
- You need to be homeowner or renter and you receive electric service from residential meter
- You are living in single family home or mobile home
- You have an active SCE service account
- You should meet appliance replacement and installation requirement for each service
These are the basic requirements and you should follow. But there are other options to be eligible directly. These options are government assistance program where you or any family members are participating.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CallFreash/SNAP (formerly known as Food stamps)
- Head Start income eligible (only Tribal)
- Medi-Cal/ Medicaid
- Medi-Cal for families (Healthy Families A&B)
- Supplemental security income (SSI)
- W. I. C
So, these are public or government assistance program where you are participating and able to show Documents to ensure your eligibility for ESA program. Now there is another eligibility guideline based on income and this includes
Household income from June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024
- Household size 1: Total combined Annual income limit =$36,450
- Household size 2: Total combined Annual income limit =$49,300
- Household size 3: Total combined Annual income limit =$62,150
- Household size 4: Total combined Annual income limit =$75,000
- Household size 5: Total combined Annual income limit =$87,850
- Household size 6: Total combined Annual income limit =$100,700
- Household size 7: Total combined Annual income limit =$113,550
- Household size 8: Total combined Annual income limit =$126,400
- For each additional person to be added by $12,850
This is the income guidelines and it is important to know by upper limit calculation which will come by 250% of federal poverty guideline.
Application Process to Get Edison Free Refrigerator Program
After knowing what you require to participate in this program, it is time to get started with application process. It is an online application process through which you need to provide required information to fill up the fillable fields.
So, you need to fill up the online application and wait for approval. After submitting your application, the program authority will check out your information and determine your eligibility. If you are eligible for the program, then you will be referred to authorised contractor for next steps.
It is also important to note that you may check your application status and know what is happening on your application. You may check your enrolment status through the check my enrolment status.
Steps After Being Eligible After Application
So, there are only 3 steps to go and this will be done by SCE approved contractor who provide remote and outreach service. So, you know what such steps are going to be held.
- Qualification and Assessment: this step explains that you are going to be eligible for the program and your income status is important to check out. In this step, you should meet specific income guidelines. If your eligibility falls under these criteria, a contractor is going to your house to collect data to help SCE to make sure what appliances can be installed at your house or services you require.
- Service Delivery: after completing step one, then it is a work of service delivery and installation of appliances like free refrigerator or other type of services that may be available for you. It is important to note that this service delivery will be performed by approved contractor.
- Inspection: when contractor has installed or provided services at your house, the there is another step like inspection. The aim of this inspection is to ensure that appliances install and services delivery have been done in the right way. If there is any fault or discrepancy, then there may be rework to install appliances or service delivery. It is important to note that this inspection is not going to cost and it comes without any cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
So here are some questions to answer and this is so important to know if you are going to start with SCE. There are also different issues on eligibility and your reality to make sure you can get this service and appliances.
Is it possible to get the program if I rent my home?
Yes, you are eligible even if you are renters as well as homeowners. Homeowners are the decision makers of their house and they don’t have to explain to anyone. On the other hand, renters need written permission from the landlords before measures and services.
Do I have to pay anything to participate in this program?
No, you don’t need to pay anything for this program and participation in the ESA program is free where both renters and homeowners can participate. But they may need to go co-payment if central air conditions or heat pumps replacement.
What type of proof is required to verify home ownership?
There is a requirement for proof of property ownership and this includes current loan or mortgage loans, property tax records or bills, homeowner property or fire insurance, mortgage payment invoice or books and many more.
Can I participate in the ESA program if live in an apartment, condo or other multifamily building?
Yes, you may be eligible for participating in the Multifamily whole building program. But this building needs to have 5 or more dwelling units that shares either a common wall, ceiling or floor with another dwelling unit.
What if I am not eligible for the ESA program?
If you are not eligible for the ESA program, you may be able to take advantage of other energy efficiency program. This may come as third-party energy efficiency program and you should get started with their link as well.
Does an appliance have warranty if I am eligible through the ESA program?
Sure, there is two-year warranty on parts and labour and one-year warranty for the installation. You should have documents of the appliances and you should get started with contact number for warranty issues.
So, you living in southern California may get such assistance like free refrigerator. You need to follow the program guidelines and comply with their rules and regulations. More importantly, you need to go through the application process with correct and authentic information to ensure you are the right person according to their program guidelines. If you have problems understanding the program details, you may contact their hotline number to get started accurately and effectively.